The general scope of this position is to support the maintenance team in the repair/maintenance of company equipment and increase production efficiency.
Production team members are the backbone of our company’s success, and maintenance is the customer service group that supports the production team. Well maintained equipment that runs without flaw has no boundaries or limits...only opportunities.
Essential Job Functions:
1. The ability to work safely using required PPE, as well as ensuring all production equipment is in a safe working manner. Must be
able to work safely and follow all JSA instructions, safety rules, and policies.
2. Multi-Craft technician with the objective of continuous improvement in areas including safety, quality, and production.
3. Ability to work as an “on call” technician in a rotation.
4. Ability to work overtime with little or no notice depending on machine unplanned events.
5. Willing and able to assist in breakdowns and repairs including pneumatic, hydraulic, and mechanical applications as needed.
6. Willing and capable of working on more advanced technical applications.
7. Willing and capable of installing equipment and any utilities needed for equipment, including conduit bending and wire pulling.
8. Willing to work on projects assigned by the Plant Maintenance Manager.
9. Must be driven and show initiative to start tasks without being told.
10. Follow all inventory control guidelines and inventory management procedures.
11. Willing to train fellow team members in areas unfamiliar.
12. Willing to assist with “8 Hour” PM’s and “7 Day Cleanups”
Knowledge and Skills
1. Must possess a strong knowledge of electricity and electrical troubleshooting to include single and three phase applications.
2. Must possess knowledge of OSHA standards and NEC guidelines in compliance with NFPA 70.
3. Working knowledge of all plant production equipment.
4. Must be able to read and troubleshoot using electrical and mechanical schematics.
5. Working knowledge of Allen Bradley PLC programming protocols to include software for ControlLogix 5000, SLC 500, and PLC 5
6. Working knowledge of drive systems and drive system software.
7. Knowledge of AC and DC motor systems including VFD control and troubleshooting.
8. Must possess an above average knowledge of mechanical systems including gearbox maintenance, vibration analysis, thermal imaging,
and motor/gearbox/pulley alignment standards.
9. Must possess practical and working knowledge of all utility systems including chilled water, compressed air, nitrogen generation, and
electrical supply switchgears.
Education and Experience:
1. Industrial Maintenance Certificate or Technical School degree.
2. Minimum 5 years proven job experience.
3. Knowledge & Understanding of Lock Out/Tag Out procedures.
4. Proficient in computer knowledge such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
5. Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Location/Region: Lewisburg, TN (US)