Areté Associates, an employee-owned company, is a growing research and development firm recognized for contributing to national security objectives by supplying innovative solutions to challenging technical problems faced by the United States. Our Huntsville, AL office has an immediate opening for an Algorithm/Data Scientist reporting to the Principal Scientist, Detection & Estimation. This is an exempt, non-supervisory, full-time position.
Our Huntsville office is developing new capabilities in detection of airborne threats using radar and EO/IR sensors. Near-term work includes sensor design and analysis, field tests, signal processing, image processing for tracking and characterization, and software development. Longer term, the Scientist will develop algorithmic techniques for a variety of detection problems.
- Develop algorithms for machine vision applications
- Analyze data, algorithms, and their interaction to improve algorithm performance
- Interact with system and sensor designers to improve hardware
- Present results to other staff and our customers
- Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD degree in physical sciences, computer science, engineering, or mathematics
- Experience with scientific programming in Python, MATLAB, C, C++ or similar languages
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and collaborate on small teams
- US citizenship. Must be eligible to obtain a TOP SECRET clearance.
- Machine learning and data mining
- Statistical analysis, model fitting
- Remote sensing (radar, electro-optics, sonar, lidar)
- GPU or FPGA programming
- Current active security clearance
Areté Associates offers an excellent compensation and a full benefits package. We foster a stimulating work environment that encourages creative contributions from our technical staff. We provide staff with internal and external educational resources to support continual learning. U.S. citizenship, background screen and drug test are required to meet position eligibility. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Please submit your resume on-line at: http://www.arete.com.
Areté Associates is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact Arete Associates Human Resources Representative.
Areté will consider for employment-qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
This is a fast-paced environment, focused on solving real world problems. We foster a stimulating, collaborative work environment that encourages the creative contributions of all employees in achieving the goals of the company. Areté Associates is an employee-owned small business (ESOP) focused on advanced science and computational solutions to some of the most challenging technical problems faced by the United States.