The Russell Stover Chocolates store environment is unlike most others. It is a destination for consumers looking to purchase an off the shelf or customized gift for someone special. It is an experience for those wanting to treat themselves and their families to our in-store made fudge, caramel apples and hot fudge sundaes. We are looking for a highly motivated individual to be the Assistant Store Manager at our retail store in Athens, AL.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- supervising, leading & motivating employees
- meeting sales & profit goals
- controlling expenses & inventory
- displaying strong merchandising techniques
- unloading, receive and stock merchandise
- preparing and supervising the regular in house production of a variety of confection items made locally in our candy kitchen
- displaying an excellent customer service driven attitude.
- performing back office duties using a PC
TO BE CONSIDERED AN APPLICANT FOR THIS POSITION, YOU MUST SHOW HOW YOU MEET THE BASIC QUALIFICATIONS AS OUTLINED IN THE REQUIREMENTS.
- 3 years of prior retail management experience
- Customer service and selling experience
- Experience using Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience using an email service
- Ability to frequently lift up to 5 lbs. with the ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to constantly stand, bend, reach and work with your hands
- High school diploma or GED
- Strong leadership and team management skills
- Able to manage multiple priorities at once
- Exhibit strong problem solving skills
- Communicate clearly and effectively with customers, coworkers and others with the organization
- Desire to be part of a performance-driven team
Must be willing to work a flexible schedule including evenings & weekends
We offer an attractive wage and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k plan with generous Company match & product discounts.
Russell Stover Chocolates has 30+ company owned retail stores across 15 states. We market three brands - Russell Stover, America’s #1 brand of boxed chocolate; Whitman’s Sampler, America’s #1 boxed chocolate since its creation in 1912; and Pangburn’s Millionaire$, a leading US regional brand. Collectively, these brands comprise nearly 60% of all boxed chocolates sold in the US making Russell Stover Candies the nation’s largest manufacturer. We are focused on honoring the craft of fine candy making by never compromising on the quality of our ingredients.
Employment by Russell Stover is contingent upon I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification, passing the urinalysis drug screen, education verification, and satisfactory reference and background checks.
Russell Stover is an EOE/MINORITY/FEMALE/VET/DISABLED employer. Principals only please.
Russell Stover Chocolates is the nation’s leading manufacturer of boxed chocolates. The company’s three brands – Russell Stover, Whitman’s and Pangburn’s - account for more than 60 percent of all boxed chocolate sales in the United States through 30+ company-owned retail stores and 70,000 wholesale accounts. After nearly 100 years in operation the company manufactures approximately 100 million pounds of chocolate candies each year in its proud tradition of being “Made in America” and “Handcrafted in Small Batches”.
In September 2014, Russell Stover Chocolates was acquired by Lindt and Sprungli, the world leader in premium chocolates. This was the largest acquisition in the history of Lindt and Sprungli which has operations in over 40 countries across the globe. Russell Stover Chocolates joins sister companies Lindt USA and Ghirardelli to form a powerful confectionery triad in North America