The General Service Technician is responsible for providing quality service and premium vehicle repair in a timely manner. This position will adhere to and promote the Company mission while operating within the confines of the Company’s core values and contributing to the success of their functional team.
Primary Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Change oil and oil filters in cars and light trucks
- Provide automobile tire care in the form of installation, repair and rotation
- Inspect and top off engine fluids
- Lubricate Frontend parts as needed
- Perform accurate and thorough vehicle inspections following a checklist of potential trouble spots such as: belts, hoses, brakes, etc.
- Move and operate customer vehicles into and out of service bays
- Maintain positive customer relationships
- Maintain positive and productive working relationships with co-workers and management
- Keep tools, equipment and work areas clean and functional
- Maintain a safe, clean, and organized work area
- Act in a professional manner suitable as to represent our organization with which you are employed, always and in every instance projecting an attitude of trust, honesty, and respect
- A High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- One year or more years of experience in basic car care helpful but not necessary
- Customer-focused attitude with ability to work well in a team environment
- Must be mechanically inclined
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug test and background screen
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Top-notch customer service skills with a desire to build long term trust and relationships with our customers
- Willingness to work Saturdays
Express Oil Change & Tire Engineers is one of the leading automotive service providers in the nation with nearly 300 locations across 15 states. We employ experienced, certified technicians trained to provide premium total-car care, and we use state-of-the-art equipment and premium parts to ensure the quality of our work. In addition to the oil change, our teams are capable of providing specialty services, tire services, as well as a variety of mechanical services, while continuing to place an emphasis on customer experience and being your one-stop automotive service provider.. Express Oil Change & Tire Engineers continue to grow while maintaining our vision to continuously be the pre-eminent automotive maintenance provider, leading our industry through excellence, innovation, and growth.
Location/Region: Huntsville, AL (US)