Automotive Service Writer Advisor Job Duties:
- Ascertains automotive problems and services by listening to customer's description of symptoms; clarifying description of problems; conducting inspections; taking test drives; checking vehicle maintenance records; examining service schedules.
- Verifies warranty and service contract coverage by examining records and papers; explaining provisions and exclusions.
- Develops estimates by costing materials, supplies, and labor; calculating customer's payment, including deductibles.
- Prepares repair orders (RO) by describing symptoms, problems, and causes discovered, as well as repairs and services required; obtaining approval signatures; entering RO into service database system.
- Maintains customer rapport by explaining estimates and expected return of vehicle; obtaining customer's approval of estimates; obtaining and providing contact telephone numbers; answering questions and concerns; arranging towing and temporary transportation.
- Maintains automotive records by recording problems and corrective actions planned.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading manufacturers' publications.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
To service and maintain our customer's vehicles in such a manner as to insure there safe and dependable operation by repairing only those parts necessary, as approved by the customer, at a reasonable price and covered by a written nation wide warranty. We are LBJ Automotive
LBJ was established in 1986 by Larry and Bonnie Jarvis, shortly after completing 33 years of service in the United States Army. He was trained and served in the logistics, maintenance, and management positions throughout his military career.
Services calls are limited to personnel available and type of problem. Wrecker service is available on call. Appointments for scheduled maintenance or repairs may be made by phone, or attended to by directly driving in. Shuttle service is available on request. Same day service is our goal where and whenever possible.
We honor Insurance Repair Policies and coordinate with the companies that issue them to insure repairs are covered before proceeding.
We have a parts store on location the carries all name brand pasrts such as AC Delco, Spicer, Monroe, A-1, Cardone, Gates, Standard and a line of KHUMO tires. Most vehicles can be serviced or repaired in one day, extensive repairs may take several days.
We service foreign and domestic vehicles and have the diagnostic test equipment for both.
Whether it's airing your tires, an oil change, or changing your engine and transmission, we are here for you!
Location/Region: Huntsville, AL (US)