Under the direction of the QA manager and Assistant QA Manager, the QA Lead is responsible for the implementation, monitoring and documentation of quality initiatives at JFFFI, FID as well as providing quality support for production and manufacturing departments. QA Leads perform a variety of routine to complex tasks to sample, inspect and analyze raw material, finish product and work in progress of for quality and sensory attributes in compliance with JFFFI, FID/customer standards by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform and document/ record quality sampling, inspection, physical and organoleptic attributes of raw material, work in progress and finish product according to SOPs into the Parity System. Tasks include aseptic sampling at designated time points for physical chemical and microbiological analyses, magnet and CCP monitoring, and equipment calibration.
- Must undergo GMP and HACCP training and maintain a conscious awareness of personnel, equipment and quality food safety measures at all times.
- Notifying production lead and/or supervisor of non-conforming product, placing said product on hold as needed.
- Review QA test plans, electronically reviewed & approved record data, aid manager in investigating customer complaints or supplier issues.
- Develop SOPs and complete special projects accurately and timely that may involve data analysis and data entry or other research.
- Training new associates-Assist production lead/supervisor in GMP and safety orientation.
- Housekeeping & calibrations of laboratory equipment, tools and equipment accountability.
- The QA lead is responsible for leading by example and sets the standard for GMPs and interpersonal communication. This position indirectly supervises the QA technicians. The individual in this position must have the ability to work independently as well as in a professional team environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; manufacturing, laboratory and quality experience preferred
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English
- Ability to stand / walk for 6 to 8 hours per shift
- Basic math skills and computer literacy
- Completes work accurately, precisely, truthfully and in timely manner
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities
- Self-motivated, able to work independently
- Professional attitude, good attendance and time management.
Jain Farm Fresh Foods Inc (JFFFI) is part of Jain Irrigation Systems Limited, a $1.2 Billion Multinational Company that has large presence in the USA with multiple manufacturing facilities in numerous states. JAF has a significant global food processing business with its food business having two manufacturing facilities in Oregon (DID) and California (FID). JFFFI has recently started spice processing facility and is looking to expand its spice business in the USA.
Location/Region: Merced, CA (US)