Snelling is seeking a Maintenance Manager for a busy Huntsville property. This is a full-time, direct hire opportunity.
Hours are Monday - Friday, 8:00 to 5:00.
This is an on-call position, meaning the Maintenance Manager is on-call at all times, including nights, weekends and holidays.
Job Responsibilities of the Maintenance Manager:
- Responds to property emergencies as needed during and after hours, which includes rotational Manager on Duty and Manager on Call responsibilities.
- Inspect all portions of the property daily to insure all areas of the property are clean, well maintained, in good repair, and receiving quality service from all vendors
- Perform hands-on and/or oversee vended services for the delivery of property maintenance requirements (e.g., plumbing and roof leak repairs, power failures, equipment failures, re-lamping (elements and ballasts), Security/Fire call-backs, code compliance inspections, elevator safety logs, locksmithing, etc. with the goal of providing optimal performance (during and after business hours) and to ensure minimal interruption to business operations.
- Perform routine maintenance tasks (light bulb replacement, filling small potholes, installation of non-illuminated signage, fountain maintenance, HVAC maintenance, etc.).
- Responsible for troubleshooting and/or self-perform (if required) repairs for: toilets, soap dispensers, sink faucets, site lighting, fire sprinkler pumps, fire alarm systems and light janitorial maintenance (if required due to an emergency).
- Inspect and understand how to operate HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical equipment and building infrastructure.
- Respond to all Work-Order request establishing materials and tools needed, methods required, and schedules for completion.
- Maintain lighting product inventory and place orders as needed within given budget. Maintain lighting controls such as timers and photocells.
- Inspect property daily to ensure tenants are following property rules and regulations. Work with tenants that may have violations. Notify General Manager of all issues.
- Ensure all monthly property inspections are conducted and proper documentation is on file.
- Respond to site emergencies as necessary (power outages, water leaks, property damage, acts of nature, etc.).
- Coordinate and supervise activities with all contracted services to enforce high standards and ensure maximum efficiency.
- Perform monthly walk-throughs of with vendors that service the property daily or weekly.
- Develop and implement preventative and routine maintenance schedules.
- Assist General Manager in developing bid specifications for property services, repairs and special projects.
- Collect bids as requested by General Manager for building repairs or improvements.
- Assist with preparation of repair and maintenance budgets including major repairs and capital improvements. Work together with the General Manager to plan, schedule, execute and complete all approved projects in the month budgeted.
- Communicate with the General Manager daily. This includes any issues discovered at a property, any lease violations (banners, unapproved signage, merchandise outside leased premises, vacating of space without notice, etc.), any tenant communications, building damage or repairs needed and vendor issues.
- Interface with property management on the coordination of landlord and tenant construction projects (tenant construction, major repairs, capital improvements). Serve as the liaison between property management and local building inspectors.
- Coordinate tenant move-in and move-out as directed by General Manager.
- Handles after-hours emergency calls. This position is on call 24/7 and must be able to respond as necessary and communicate emergencies to the General Manager.
Requirements of the Maintenance Manager:
- High school diploma or (GED) and a minimum of five-years of related experience and / or trade school training
- Certification in one or more of the following preferred: Electrical, HVAC and HVAC Controls, painting, plumbing or carpentry. OSHA training preferred.
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Word and Excel (a plus not required), Smart Phone and iPad applications
- Ability to comprehend and interpret instructions, short correspondence and memos and to ask clarifying questions to ensure understanding.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from tenants, co-workers, and/or manager.
- Ability to effectively present information to an internal department and/or code official.
- Must be able to perform the following daily: bending, standing, climbing a ladder, walking on roofs and shoveling walkways (if required), lifting equipment, tools and materials.
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to legally drive a vehicle.
- Must be able to operate aerial lift (training provided if needed).
Benefits include health, dental and vision insurance; life and disability insurance; critical illness insurance; 401(k); and flexible spending account.
If selected for the position, applicant will be required to pass a background check, drug screen and must have a clean motor vehicle record.
Awards and Recognition:
Staffing 100: Lee Elkinson, Chief Executive Officer
Best of Staffing® Client Satisfaction Diamond Award (2013-2018)
2018 Best of Staffing® Client Satisfaction
Award 2017 Largest Staffing Firms in the United States - Staffing Industry Analysts 2017 Largest North Texas Women-Owned Businesses - Dallas Business Journal 2017
Best Professional Search Firms - Forbes 2017
Best of Staffing® Client Satisfaction Award 2016
Best of Staffing® Talent Satisfaction Award 2016 Best of Staffing®
Location/Region: Huntsville, AL (US)