Bastion Technologies Inc. is looking for a Subject Matter Expert to support the Safety & Mission Assurance (S&MA) Office at the Marshall Space Flight Center in Huntsville, Alabama. The Subject Matter Expert will assist the Chief Safety and Mission Assurance (SMA) Officer (CSO) for the Stages Element, Core Stage, within the Space Launch System (SLS) Project Office, SMA, and MSFC. The successful candidate will also will also be responsible for the duties listed below.
- Provides technical oversight and reviews of the assigned project activities and technical issues to assess implications to safety, reliability, and/or quality.
- Performs safety, reliability, quality assurance, risk management, for development, design, test, and evaluation of aerospace and aeronautical vehicles and component systems (including stages, propulsion, control and guidance, data management and software, structures, etc.) or of an aerospace or aeronautical vehicle and the related external systems (e.g., ground support and telemetry).
- Exercises recognized technical leadership in a flight systems specialty, outstanding creativity, and exceptional scientific and engineering judgment to prove or disprove the feasibility of ideas and devices.
- Makes recommendations and implements actions involving highly complex technical problems, including those that apply to experimental or unconventional integrated systems.
- Participates in the development and design of complex aerospace/aeronautical flight technology, equipment, or systems that impact major programs and result in major advancement in the state-of-the-art of broad technologies.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- 15-20 Years of Experience
- Must be a US citizen
- Must be able to pass a national agency check
- Must be able to pass pre-employment and periodic random drug and alcohol screenings.
- Experience with development of large, complex, safety-critical flight systems
- Experience across the flight hardware development life cycle (requirements, design, implementation, and test) and the entry and exit criteria associated with Program/Project milestone reviews
- Experience developing and/or evaluating FMEA, Hazard Analysis, and FTA products
- Excellent verbal and written English language skills, good communication skills, and ability to interact well in group meeting/working environments with team members, development organizations and customers
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Security Clearance
Other Desired Skills:
Experience and familiarity with NASA flight programs involving Human related spacecraft / launch vehicle systems and domains such as rocket engine propulsion control; flight dynamics; vehicle system management; fault protection / fault management; launch, flight, and abort operations / processes; software safety; and mission assurance
Familiarity with Mil-STD-882
Position requires a competent communicator (verbal and written) with ability to work harmoniously and effective with co-workers, Bastion Management and all levels of customer personnel. Required to be regular in attendance (per agreed to work hours schedule), consistently punctual and be relied upon to successfully complete all assignments.
Bastion participates in the e-Verify and EEOJob Posted by ApplicantPro