- Identifies electrical components and inventory materials issued.
- Cuts, Strips wire, attaches pins and assembles harnesses and recovers heat shrink and maker sleeves as required
- Reads and interprets documents such as engineered drawings, schematics, work order travelers, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, work process specifications and procedure manuals.
- Adds, subtracts, multiplies and divides in all units of measure (whole numbers, common fractions, decimals and algebra).
- Carries out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Identifies and knows the proper use of all fabrication tools.
- Stands, walks, sits, lifting (up to 50 pounds), and reaching, climbing, and stooping. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, full color perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Wear safety glasses as needed.
- Occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and exposed to risk of electrical shock or burns.
Minimum Skills and Competencies
- Reads a tape measure.
- Basic computer skills.
- Basic math skills.
- Effective problem-solving.
- Must be able to read and interpret documents.
Minimum Education and Experience
- IPC/WHMA-A-620 and J-STD-001 certifications preferred but not required.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- One-year certificate from college or technical school is preferred.
- Minimum 1 year cable and harness experience required
- Solder certification preferred but not required.
- Must be able to prove proficiency in basic electronics and theories, via certification testing or general question and answer method.
Onin Staffing is the Onin Group's industrial and light clerical staffing division. This is our flagship division currently representing 85% of our overall business and the driving force behind our rapid growth rate over the last 20 years.
Onin Staffing is a privately held group of companies focused on people. Our core business is staffing, where we are among the top two percent of domestic staffing companies in sales volume and rank as one of SIA's fastest growing largest staffing firms year after year. Onin Staffing is ranked #17 on SIA's list of Largest Industrial Staffing Firms in the US.
Location/Region: Huntsville, AL (US)