Yulista Aviation, Inc. is seeking a Shipping / Receiving Lead. The Shipping & Receiving Lead is responsible for ensuring that company inventory is properly and securely received and subsequently stored. This position is also responsible for the safe and cost efficient shipment of items to various locations.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Supervise daily activities of the Shipping & Receiving Department
- Serve a primary point of contact for shipping & receiving activities for Project and Program personnel
- Work with management personnel to resolve any transportation issues or concerns
- Ship packages both domestically and internationally.
- Obtain all required documentation for international shipments and ensure package is properly secured and labeled
- Complete required documentation for shipping Hazardous Materials.
- Properly classify Hazmat items and ensure IATA documentation is present.
- Safely package, secure and label items
- Assist Shipping & Receiving with unloading items when necessary.
- Verify items delivered against Purchase Order (PO) information.
- Enter inventory into Cost
- Point Inventory Control module
- Enter deliveries and shipments into Microsoft Access Database for tracking and informational purposes
- Perform shelf location maintenance activities.
- Ensure that all location information is entered into Cost
- Point accurately to allow for optimal retrieval and shipping time
- Coordinate the timing of kit shipments with Program and Project personnel
- Perform tasks in accordance with property, quality and regulatory requirements.Adhere to security and safety policies.
- Monitor work performance of Shipping & Receiving Clerks to ensure that orders are being filled in a timely manner and work is properly distributed among personnel
- Perform other various administrative duties as needed
- The Shipping & Receiving Lead may be required to perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization
This job has direct reports and supervisory responsibilities. This position supervises employees on a daily basis. Gives input, but relies on Director of Property Controls on final decision making with duties including interviewing, hiring, terminating, performance reviews and performance corrections. This position has the authority to carry out assigned tasks and appropriately delegate responsibility.
Job Requirements: KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Basic to intermediate computer skills specifically using Microsoft Office Suite; ability to learn additional computer skills or software programs.
- Ability to enter data accurately into databases.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Interpersonal skills are necessary to work effectively and cooperatively with all levels of management and staff.
- Will also routinely interact with external contacts such as customers, vendors, suppliers, shipping companies, etc.
- Must represent Yulista Aviation, Inc. in a professional manner at all times.
- Must be trustworthy – will handle confidential information routinely
- Must possess effective oral and written communication skills to clearly communicate information to others.
- Ability to use general office equipment such as fax, phone, copier, scanner, printers, etc.
- Ability to follow a process.
- Strong professional customer service skills, including active listening, prompt service and follow-up.
- Analytical skills with the ability to evaluate data and consider decision impact across multiple areas.
- Strong decision analysis and problem solving skills; ability to draw conclusions and justify decisions.
- Must be able to communicate issues to management.
- Ability to learn and understand corporate policies and procedures and how they relate to Yulista Aviation, Inc.’s goals.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical computations
- High degree of self-motivation and the ability to work independently
- Ability to multi-task.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Minimum of 1year experience working in a Materials Control / Warehouse setting
- Hazmat Certification preferred
- International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Export Compliance experience highly desired
- Previous supervisory experience preferred
- Experience working with CostPoint / Cognos preferred
- Previous experience operating a forklift preferred
- Ability to pass a drug and background screening
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a government security clearance
Yulista offers an excellent compensation and benefits package. We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disabilities, protected military or veteran status. To apply for this position, or view all of our job openings, visit us online at www.yulista.com, click on career opportunities. Salary Range: Neg-Neg Relocation: Travel: Job Ident #:
Location/Region: Huntsville, AL (US)