At Berry, we are committed to our mission of ‘Always Advancing to Protect What’s Important.’ With $13 billion in revenue, we are a leading global supplier of a broad range of innovative nonwoven, flexible, and rigid products used every day within consumer and industrial end markets. We operate over 290 manufacturing facilities worldwide, on six continents, and employ over 48,000 individuals.
Are you looking for an inclusive organization with a fast-paced environment? We work with many of the world’s leading brands to bring them value-added protection solutions. We foster an environment of team players who embrace our strong ties to the communities in which we work and serve. Become part of a place where your work is valued. Join our growing team today. PURPOSE:
The general scope of this position is to support the maintenance team in the repair/maintenance of company equipment and increase production efficiency. Production team members are the backbone of our company’s success, and maintenance is the customer service group that supports the production team. Well maintained equipment that runs without flaw has no boundaries or limits...only opportunities.
- Ability to assist in breakdowns and repairs including pneumatic, hydraulic, and mechanical applications as needed.
- Capable of working on more advanced technical applications
- Capable of installing equipment and any utilities needed for equipment, including conduit bending and wire pulling.
- Must be driven and show initiative to start tasks without being told.
- Multi-Craft technician with the objective of continuous improvement in areas including safety, quality, and production.
- Industrial Maintenance Certificate or Technical School degree
- Minimum 5 years proven job experience
- Knowledge & Understanding of Lock Out/Tag Out procedures.
- Proficient in computer knowledge such as Microsoft Word and Excel
- .Must possess a strong knowledge of electricity and electrical troubleshooting to include single and three phase applications.
- Knowledge of OSHA standards and NEC guidelines in compliance with NFPA 70.
- Ability to read and troubleshoot using electrical and mechanical schematics.
- Working knowledge of Allen Bradley PLC programming protocols to include software for ControlLogix 5000, SLC 500, and PLC 5 programmable controllers.
- Woking knowledge of drive systems and drive system software.
- Knowledge of AC and DC motor systems including VFD control and troubleshooting.
- Above average knowledge of mechanical systems including gearbox maintenance, vibration analysis, thermal imaging, and motor/gearbox/pulley alignment standards.
- Knowledge of all utility systems including chilled water, compressed air, nitrogen generation, and electrical supply switchgears.
- These duties are performed in an area where it can be cold in the winter and hot in the summer. The noise level is high. Working conditions are sometimes smoky and dirty due to work around extrusion dies and extrusion equipment. Must use extreme caution and follow proper procedures when working in or near electrical cabinets.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Location/Region: Lewisburg, TN