Yulista Aviation is seeking an Aviation Mechanic. The Aviation Mechanic performs a full range of airframe and engine maintenance, repairs, modifications, inspections and servicing of aircraft in accordance with approved methods, techniques and practices and certifies accomplished work.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Perform Aircraft Maintenance IAW instructions/drawings
- Troubleshoot systems as required to meet customer needs
- Document maintenance as per Quality Assurance (QA) and established regulatory requirements.
- Maintain a high state of cleanliness and utilize a clean-as-you-go process when executing maintenance duties. Perform rotating break room cleaning duties.
- Perform regular Foreign Object Damage (FOD) walks.
- Comply with processes and procedures as per DHS/Department of Defense (DOD) documents and publications.
- Maintain control tools. Report missing, lost, found, or unattended tools to the supervisor. Inventory and inspect tools on a regular basis and replace worn or broken tools.
- Comply with safety rules and regulations while performing day to day maintenance. Promptly report all accidents, injuries, safety, violations, and/or unsafe practices or procedures to supervisor.
- Use Government computer system to access various technical references for airframe repairs and Government training requirements.
- Troubleshoot malfunctions in aircraft structure, landing gear, flight surfaces and controls, anti-icing, pneudraulic, engines, auxiliary power unit, ventilation, and heating systems.
- Repair, replace, and rebuild aircraft structures and functional components including rigging, surface controls, plumbing, and hydraulic units, using hand tools, power tools, machines, equipment such as shears, sheet metal brake, welding equipment, rivet gun, and drills.
- Troubleshoot engines and systems and use Federal Supply systems.
- Replace or repair worn or damaged components, such as alternators, fuel controls, fuel pumps, oil pumps, engine mounted gearboxes, and compressor bleed valves using hand tools, gauges, and testing equipment.
- Remove engines and gearboxes from aircraft, using hoist or forklift truck.
- Disassemble and inspect airframe and other components for wear, cracks, security, or other defects. Repair or replace defective parts then reassemble and install in aircraft.
- Perform preflight, thru-flight, and post-flight maintenance inspections.
- Perform miscellaneous duties to service aircraft, including flushing crankcase, cleaning screens and filters, greasing moving parts, and checking brakes.
- Perform jacking and towing of aircraft.
- Enter in the maintenance records description of the work performed and verifies the work was performed satisfactorily.
- Service engines and airframe components at line station making repairs, short of overhaul, required to keep aircraft in safe operating condition.
- Research the technical library and other applicable technical documentation (such as
- manufacturers’ and DHS/DOD maintenance manuals, service bulletins, engineering and technical data) to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components.
- Perform progressive, isochronal, phase, periodic, and other hourly or calendar inspections.
- Examine engines for cracked cylinders and oil leaks.
- Listen to operating engine to detect and diagnose malfunctions, such as sticking or burnt valves. Inspects jet engines and components for cracks, corrosion, FOD, burned areas, distortions, security, warping, wear, and missing segments.
- Inspect jet engine turbine blades to detect cracks, distortion, corrosion, burn-out, security, or breaks. Tests engine operation, using testing equipment, such as ignition analyzer, compression checker, distributor timer, ammeter, and jet calibration (Jetcal) tester, to locate source of malfunction.
- Perform full system checkouts and complete servicing on all aircraft systems.
- Provide technical direction to Aircraft Mechanic Helpers and Aircraft Workers.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent with at least 1 year of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the field required.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- May require knowledge of and experience performing maintenance on the following aircraft:UH-60 A/L, UH-60 M, 407, 206, OH-58, AH 64 D, AH-64E, CH-47 F, MC-130J, HC-130,C-130, C-26, EC-145, EC-135, LUH-72, UC-35, 407, V22
- Ability to pass a drug and background screening
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a government security clearance
Aviation Mechanic LevelExperience / Education
Aviation Mechanic I
- High School Diploma or Equivalent with 1 year previous experience; familiarity with military hand tools and assembly standards
Aviation Mechanic II
- High School Diploma or Equivalent with 4 years’ experience with 2 years using military standards and specifications
Aviation Mechanic III
- High School Diploma or Equivalent with 8 years’ experience with 4 years using military standards and specifications
Aviation Mechanic IV
- High School Diploma or Equivalent with 10 years’ experience with 5 years using military standards and specifications
Aviation Mechanic V
- High School Diploma or Equivalent with 15 years’ experience with 8 years using military standards and specifications
Aviation Mechanic VI
- High School Diploma or Equivalent with at least 20 years’ experience with 10 years using military standards and specifications
Yulista offers an excellent compensation and benefits package. We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disabilities, protected military or veteran status. To apply for this position, or view all of our job openings, visit us online at www.yulista.com, click on career opportunities. Job Requirements:
Salary Range: Neg-Neg Relocation: Travel: Job Ident #:
Location/Region: Meridianville, AL (US)