Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) sector is seeking a Software Engineer 5 for the Engineering, Sciences & Technology (ES&T) Central Region. In the Mission Systems’ sector, you’ll join our experts in developing systems and solutions that keep our world safe. The qualified applicant will work in our Huntsville, Alabama office.
The Software Engineer 5 will work closely with other developers to accomplish the following:
- Apply advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts to solve complex problems in support of programs and IR&D efforts.
- Develop software in a team environment with responsibility for architecture, design, code, and unit test artifacts.
- Collaborate across software projects and IPTs to achieve long-range goals and objectives for the corporation.
- Demonstrate a commitment to ethics and integrity, and the capability to innovate while challenging traditional ways of doing business.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math discipline and at least 14 years of experience; or MS and 12 years; or PhD and 9 years.
- Strong interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with technical teams and upper management.
- Ability to develop software in object-oriented programming languages such as Java, C#, and C++.
- Proven ability to research, solve, and document solutions to complex engineering problems.
- U.S. citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense (DoD) Secret clearance.
- Experience with US Army C2 systems.
- Development experience in a Linux OS environment.
- Experience re-factoring and reverse engineering complex software systems.
- Experience working on CMMI Level 3+ programs.
- Proven communications skills with armed services & government customers.
- Current Secret clearance.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Location/Region: Huntsville, AL (US)