Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking a Human Factors Engineer 2/3 in the Engineering, Sciences & Technologies (EM&T) Central Region Engineering, Huntsville Site.
In the Mission Systems’ sector, you’ll join our experts in developing systems and solutions that keep our world safe. The qualified applicant will work in our Huntsville, Alabama office, headquarters for the Missile Defense and Protective Systems (MDPS) division. Job Responsibilities:
• Candidate will clearly demonstrate strong technical skills to achieve sustainable quality products.
•Track record as an effective communicator and problem solver who is able to develop and maintain good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Demonstrate a commitment to ethics and integrity, and the capability to innovate while challenging traditional ways of doing business.
• Applies human performance principles, methodologies, and technologies to the design of human-machine systems and products.
• Develops and implements research methodologies and statistical analysis plans to test and evaluate developmental prototypes used in new products and processes, such as cockpit designs, user workstations, and computerized human models.
• Interfaces with design engineers to establish system design and requirements development, software and hardware interface designs, operating, and training requirements and to ensure optimized human-machine interfaces.
• Identifies and analyzes technological problems or risks, performs theoretical human factors investigations, and develops and implements research and analysis plans.
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
- This requisition may be filled at either a level 2 or a level 3.
- BQs for a Human Factors Engineer 2 are 2 Years of relevant experience with Bachelors of Science in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math discipline; 0 Years with Masters
- BQs for a Human Factors 3 are 5 Years of relevant experience with Bachelors of Science in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math discipline; 3 Years with Masters; 0 with PhD
- US Citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance
- Familiarity with Mil-Std-1472.
- Experience in product design and implementation.
- Masters Degree in Psychology or Industrial Engineering.
- Experience in applying Mil-Std-1472Human Systems Integration (HSI) principles.
- Experience in system use case development and producing HSI design assessments.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Internal ID: 17025473
Location/Region: Huntsville, AL (US)