- Maintains smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network engineers.
- Monitors and manages system resources, including CPU usage, disk usage, and response times to maintain operating efficiency.
- Performs systems security administration functions, including creating user profiles and accounts.
Other duties may include setting up administrator accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocating mass storage space. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
- Coordinates installations and provides backup recovery.
- Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- May be assigned responsibility for the management of the systems administration function, including associated staff.
Required Skills, Certification, Experience, and Education: Degree in MIS or Computer Science or a related field or equivalent job experience. Red Hat System Administration: 5 year: RHEL System Administration & Operating System patching support. Build Linux systems, Physical & virtual. Problem diagnosis and resolution for applications in VMWare ESXi/ Linux x86 environment Experience with virtual server solutions and cloud environments. Experience with high availability server, network and storage solutions for Linux based servers. Experience working in large data center environments (300+ Linux/Unix Servers) Security + CE or higher level security certification for DOD 8570 level 2 IAT compliance.
Required Clearance: Active DOD Secret or higher.
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Requisition ID 1770296
Location/Region: Huntsville, AL (US)