Northrop Grumman is seeking an experienced User Experience Interaction Designer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position is located in Huntsville, AL.
We are looking for an interaction designer to help solve challenging information visualization and navigation problems for complex systems. The UX Designer is responsible for the visual and interaction design of complex user interfaces for a variety of applications and systems. Current projects draw heavily from the visual and interaction design of modern video games and industry best practices. Designers will apply principles and best practices from the fields of interaction design, visual design, user experience, and usability engineering to produce optimal designs. The UX designer must communicate design specifications clearly and accurately to customers and software engineers for implementation.
The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman’s Engineering, Manufacturing, and Sciences functional organization.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Participate in the UX research needed to define the users and their goals
• Translate user requirements into design decisions
• Collaborate with team members through whiteboarding and brainstorming
• Use Illustrator, Axure, or other design tools to create wireframes, visual designs, and interactive prototypes
• Participate in design critiques and take suggestions with grace
• Communicate design decisions based on user needs, customer needs, and design principles
• Validate designs against UX requirements
• Apply existing style guides to new designs
Bachelor’s degree in HCI-related field and 5 years of experience; or Master’s Degree and 3 years of experience; or PHD and 0 years of experience; years of experience in lieu of degree
Demonstrated experience with one or more of the following visual design tools: Illustrator, Photoshop, Axure, Sketchflow or Balsamiq
Ability to travel 25%
Must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance
Active Secret Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Internal ID: 17022178
Location/Region: Huntsville, AL (US)