Well established site work and utility contractor looking to hire a Project Manager to join our growing team. Typical projects include site work and utility construction for state, municipal, federal, and private clients throughout North Alabama.
- Oversee and manage construction project(s) from start to finish.
- Manage overall project performance (scope, safety, quality, schedule, innovation, cost, and customer/owner satisfaction).
- Perform the main role in project planning, budgeting, and identification of resources needed.
- Interface and communicate with every level of the project team including customer/owner, managers, engineers, superintendents, foremen, grade checkers, and operators.
- Coordinate job meetings including pre-construction, project, and staff meetings.
- Review and scrutinize vendor and subcontractor quotes and invoices.
- Order, schedule deliveries, and track materials for projects.
- Develop project schedule, monitor progress, and staged materials.
- Prepare project manual for field personnel.
- Prepare and track all RFI’s and change orders related to the project.
- Maintain accurate and consistent electronic files and documentation to ensure all project documents are timely, accurate, and complete.
- Prepare monthly pay applications.
- Conduct thorough project closeouts and see that all paperwork and signoffs are completed as required.
- 5+ years of project management experience
- Strong supervisory skills (verbal and written)
- Knowledge of construction technique and practices, paving, underground utilities, concrete, and grading required.
- Applicant must be local to greater North Alabama area, and familiar with regional construction techniques and materials.
- Strong computer skills with ability and desire to learn and implement new software programs. Experience with HeavyBid, AGTEK, Magnet Office, AutoCAD, Civil3D, Carlson is a plus.
- Must be well organized and a team player.
- Must be willing to work hours as required to support field operations.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Self-motivated with the ability to multitask.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints.
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate. There is significant room for growth at this established, successful, and growing company. We are an equal opportunity employer.
About this company
Site contractor that specializes in bulk earthwork, underground utilities, and paving construction.