Position Summary: Responsible for leading a team of engineering resources to manage and maintain project schedules, build and maintain customer and supplier relationships, and lead process improvement and plant level engineering strategies.
Essential Job Functions include, but not limited to, the following:
- Develop and maintain a plant level strategic vision for the Engineering Team.
- Facilitate the development and implementation of the Strategic Plan.
- Communicate vision for Engineers.
- Develop and maintain systems to manage the daily functions of the Engineering Team.
- Track and manage human capacity.
- Establish annual department budget in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Manage cost drivers (materials, labor, discretionary spending, etc.) to ensure optimal plant operations while maintaining budgetary discipline.
- Establish activities to ensure continuous improvement in Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
- Manage and prioritize DMAIC projects.
- Execute new program launches and improve the maturation process.
- Manage capital and tooling procurement with purchasing.
- Drive cost efficiency in department, capital and tooling expenses.
- Maintain Minimum Process Requirement (MPR) documents and processing guidelines.
- Foster employee engagement and people development.
- Manage the functions of the Engineering Team as defined by the position descriptions.
- Lead meetings with project teams; identify project objectives, deliverables and deadlines.
- Conduct timely and complete performance evaluations of direct associates. Ensure timely and complete performance evaluation of associates reporting under your indirect supervision.
- Assess employee skill sets, current and future development needs and take steps to mentor and develop individuals within the Team.
- Foster a culture of data driven decision making.
- Set department direction and hold individuals accountable to performance standards and strategic objectives.
- Establish and execute formal development plans for engineering staff.
- Execute and influence global standards.
- Execute to the corporate engineering standards
- Participate in collaboration between plant Engineering Teams.
- Ensure corporate strategies and stardards are being executed in the plant.
- Influence corporate technical training in functional area.
- Effectively communicate with customers, suppliers, direct reports and stakeholders.
- Additional duties, not specifically outlined within this position description, as directed by the leader.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering or related field.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in engineering preferably in the automotive industry.
- Prior experience managing team members.
- Advanced project management skills.
- Proven experience effectively managing stakeholders across functions at all levels of the organization.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Working experience with weld engineering and/or controls engineering.
- Travel is occasionally required, up to 10% of the time.
- Shape is a nicotine free company.
INNOVATIVE ENGINEERING SOLUTIONS, FLAWLESS EXECUTION
Providing innovative engineering solutions through flawless execution takes a team of unique minds, talents and backgrounds. At Shape, our team is more than a group of people working together, it's a family made up of creative, dedicated associates and values. Each day we strive to manufacture products that solve our customers' challenges, meet global regulations and create a workplace where everyone makes a difference.
As a full service supplier, we provide design, engineering, testing and manufacturing of metal and plastic solutions in North America, Europe and Asia. We are recognized globally as a pioneer in advanced custom roll forming and injection molding. Our expertise is applied to an array of industries, including automotive, office furniture, medical, agriculture and more.
**Shape is a nicotine free company**
Location/Region: Athens, AL (US)