Position Summary: Responsible for development, improvement, standardization and training on policies, procedures and required tools for rollforming processes.
Essential Job Functions include, but not limited to, the following:
General – Applies to all Process Engineers, regardless of functional priority
- Responsible for safety in process design and in execution of daily activities.
- Ensure compliance of practices, procedures and instructions relative to applicable corporate standards (ISO, TS, etc).
- Ensure quality outputs from daily activities.
- Use of proper data collection and analysis to ensure provided information is supported with data that reinforces the stated output.
- Coordinate/facilitate/analyze process design of experiments (DOE’s).
- Ensure timely execution of planned activities.
- Provide process design and improvements in a cost efficient manner.
- Proficient in completing cost justifications with acceptable ROI.
- Read and interpret CAD data, blueprints, GD&T, CMM reports, customer dimensional specifications.
- Foster strong working relationships and demonstrate effective communication skills with peers, team members, management and project teams.
- Share lessons learned proactively and also train other engineers on process improvements.
- Additional functions not specifically outlined in this position description as directed by the leader.
Functional Priority – Position will focus on the below functional priorities
- Develop maturation plans and timelines in accordance with risk mitigation strategies.
- Lead activities to launch new business and execute the maturation process.
- Participate in regular launch team meetings.
- Lead technical solutions and provide input and support for tool designs and development.
- Participate in Process Failure Mode Effects & Analysis (PFMEA) development meetings.
- Provide the specification for and procure capital needed to support new business.
- Communicate and share information with global peers to ensure launching practices are standard.
- Continuously challenge maturation activities and identify opportunities to reduce maturation time.
o Process Advancement
- Lead strategic process advancement projects (“Funnel Projects”).
- Develop project charter with defined milestone dates, including anticipated cost and timing.
- Execute funnel projects and successfully meet cost and timing targets.
- Implement new products and processes into manufacturing following the Machine Development process.
- Develop specifications for new capital equipment.
- Identify new technology, develop expertise and industry knowledge in relevant processes and communicate to the organization as necessary.
Position Skills and Experience Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty effectively. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- A minimum of 5 years of Rollform Process Engineer experience, preferably in an automotive manufacturing environment
- Experience with conducting DOE.
- Fundamental understanding of statistics (SPC, etc.).
- Familiar with Six Sigma process.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Travel is occasionally required, up to 10% of the time.
***Shape is a nicotine free company.***
INNOVATIVE ENGINEERING SOLUTIONS, FLAWLESS EXECUTION
Providing innovative engineering solutions through flawless execution takes a team of unique minds, talents and backgrounds. At Shape, our team is more than a group of people working together, it's a family made up of creative, dedicated associates and values. Each day we strive to manufacture products that solve our customers' challenges, meet global regulations and create a workplace where everyone makes a difference.
As a full service supplier, we provide design, engineering, testing and manufacturing of metal and plastic solutions in North America, Europe and Asia. We are recognized globally as a pioneer in advanced custom roll forming and injection molding. Our expertise is applied to an array of industries, including automotive, office furniture, medical, agriculture and more.
**Shape is a nicotine free company**
Location/Region: Athens, AL (US)