GenConnect is looking for an Electrical Engineer in the Huntsville, AL area. This position will perform complex assignments including development of new or improved avionics products, processes and techniques. Responsibilities include:
- Work with cross-functional project teams to develop, maintain, and upgrade products
- Develop electronic circuits to perform functions per requirements
- Generate electrical documentation (schematics, BOMs, test plans)
- Develop prototype circuit boards for verification of design and software development
- Support systems development (provide requirements analysis results, test plans, etc.)
- Support product validation (provide test support items, verify test setups, evaluate unexpected test findings, identify problems found with the product design and implement solutions, update test tracking documentation, close product design issues in the validation tracking system).
- Create planning, design, implementation and verification documentation for both internal use and delivery to customer
- Collaborate with hardware engineers and program team to create overall system and product design specifications
- US Citizenship is required due to DoD contract requirements.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering degree from a four-year college or university
- A minimum of 8 years relevant engineering work experience
- Must be able to obtain a Secret Security Clearance at any time
- Strong problem-solving skills, good communication skills, and ability to work in a team
- Self-starter – ability to function with little direct oversight
- Knowledge of low-level analog design techniques
- VHDL and FPGA design experience
- Logic Simulation
- Computer skills (MS Office)
- Proficient in requirements based FPGA simulations and test bench suites.
- Significant experience with Xilinx tools including EDK, ISE and Vivado.
- Working familiarity with various simulation tools.
- Familiarity with Orcad Schematic Capture a plus
- Working familiarity with DOD style technical documentation generation
- Minimal (5%) travel may be required
GenConnect Recruiting and Consulting supports small to medium size businesses with recruiting millennial candidates and provides ongoing employee engagement to improve the success rate of the employee staying. We specialize in recruiting the millennial generation (those born between 1980-2000) into industries that struggle to attract and retain graduates and millennials. In addition to recruiting, we provide career development and management services to businesses designed to strengthen the employer/employee bond.
We are a new recruiting firm with a passion for connecting people in the workplace. Unlike other recruiters, we support nurturing young talent. We fundamentally believe that there is significant opportunity to engage employees and employers in a long term relationship, where there is mutual trust and loyalty.
Location/Region: Huntsville, AL (US)