This position participates in Calista’s 10-week Summer Internship Program from May 24, 2018 - August 3, 2018.
The QA Analyst Intern will assist in auditing/maintaining and current QA forms, documents, processes and procedures.
- Assist the QA team in performing a clean sweep of all current forms and documents.
- Review the quality processes and procedures for a simplification of processes.
- Shadow various members of the QA team to gain knowledge in all areas of quality.
- Work in constant state of alertness and in a safe manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Ability to work utilizing professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Considerable knowledge of personal computers and office/business applications, preferably Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of standard office equipment such as copier, fax machine and phones.
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects.
- Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings.
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule.
- Ability to work in a Native Corporation multi-business environment.
- Must be willing to take on-going educational courses to stay technically current.
- Ability to speak Yup’ik preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Currently enrolled in a college or vocational degree program and attending classes on a full-time basis; enrollment in Business Administration, Public Relations or similar degree program or courses preferred.
- Must possess a GPA of at least 2.0, and be in good academic standing.
- Valid current Alaska Driver’s License with good driving record preferred.
- Ability to pass a background and drug screening.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Yulista Aviation, Inc. has a fast-paced multi-tasking office environment requiring a high degree of efficient and effective performance. At times, work is performed outside of the office at indoor and outdoor job sites. Adaptability regarding schedule and design changes, and occasional overtime for immediate field support or bid processing may be necessary.
The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Frequent: Standing, Talking, Lifting 10 lbs. or Less, Carrying 10 lbs. or less, Eye/Hand Coordination (Foot), Fine Manipulation
Frequent: Close Vision (Clear at 20" or Less), Peripheral Vision (Ability to observe an area that can be seen up & down or to the left & right while eyes are fixed on), Depth Perception (Three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances & spatial relationships)
Frequent: Thinking Analytically, Using Effective Verbal and Written Communication, Handling Stress & Emotions, Concentrating on Tasks, Remember Details, Making Decisions
Frequent: Working w/Others
Preference will be given to Calista shareholders and their descendants and spouses, and to shareholders of other corporations created pursuant to the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act, in accordance with Title 43 U.S. Code 1626(g) and Title 42 U.S. Code 2003-2(i).
Additionally, Yulista Aviation, Inc.’s policy is to select, place, train and promote the most qualified individuals based upon relevant factors such as work quality, attitude and experience, so as to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees in compliance with applicable local, state and federal laws and without regard to non-work related factors such as race, color, religion/creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship or other protected status. When applicable, Yulista Aviation, Inc.’s policy of non-discrimination applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, transfer, promotion, placement, layoff, compensation, termination, reduction in force and benefits.
It is Calista Corporations business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
The statements contained in this job description are intended to describe the general content and requirements for performance of this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities, and requirements.
Location/Region: Huntsville, AL (US)