Perform Inspections and First Article on Electrical, Mechanical, Defense, Military related Products, Assemblies, Sub-Assemblies, Materials in Receiving Inspection, Kitting, In Process, Final Inspection and at Suppliers / Subcontractors ( Source Inspection) prior to release to next step or final release to the Customer.
- Interpret assembly drawings, Bill of Materials, and Change documentation, shop travelers & routers
- Perform inspection on electrical components and assemblies utilizing applicable specifications.
- Conduct & Support First Article Inspection using AS9102 Process & Forms
- Verify compliance with Workmanship & Process requirements in accordance with spec’s such as IPC-A-610, J-Std-001, IPC-WHMA-620, Mil-Std-454, Torque Requirements, Mechanical Fasteners, Threaded Parts, CARC Painted Parts, Parts with various Surface Finishes such as Anodized, Alodynes, Zinc Plating, Welding using different types such as GMAW ( MIG), GTAW ( TIG), FCAW ( Flux) for Steel, Stainless Steel, Aluminum, Inconel, Additive Manufacturing ( 3D Printing), Composite Material Assembly
- Familiarity with various specifications applicable to Military / Defense products and material with reference to workmanship including checking Material Test Reports ( MTRs), Certificate of Conformance ( C of C)
- Basic & Clear understanding of the Role of Quality Control with respect to verifying requirements, from Purchase Orders, Change Orders, QMS Requirements for Deviations, Drawings and Applicable Specifications with respect to workmanship, applicable specifications, configuration, part marking, applicable test reports,
- Input inspection results into applicable database(s) and record on shop route sheets or travelers.
- Be aware of and sensitive to Counterfeit Parts of various types such as Electrical, Electronic, Mechanical and Materials.
- Work is performed in an ESD controlled military assembly environment
This position has no supervisory responsibility. However personnel who work and take on leadership role by being proactive, by quickly demonstrating exceptional grasp of knowledge and deploy skills, who communicate exceptionally well and establish a history of solving problems will be successful and will move onto greater role within the organization.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
Proficiency in IPC-J-STD, IPC-A-610, IPC-A-600, IPC-WHMA-620, MIL-STD-454, ANSI/ASME Y 14.5 M (GD & T), AS9102 First Article Inspection, CARC Painting Inspection, Welding Inspection, Composite Material Inspection, Additive Manufacturing Inspection (3D Printing)
Quality Inspector III
High School Diploma or Equivalent with 8 years previous experience; familiarity with electrical, mechanical, composite, additive manufacturing, cable, and harness inspection.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Government Security Clearance
- Must be able to travel to Customers or Suppliers location (10% - 20%).
Yulista offers an excellent compensation and benefits package. We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disabilities, protected military or veteran status. To apply for this position, or view all of our job openings, visit us online at www.yulista.com, click on career opportunities.
Location/Region: Huntsville, AL (US)