This position is responsible for manufacturing complex parts from blueprints and drawings, editing programs, and setting up machines with general knowledge of Mil Standards and material finishing process.
- Set and operate fabricating machines to cut, bend, and straighten sheet metal; shaping metal
- Program/operate a water jet and press brake
- Perform shop inspection of all fabricated pieces to insure parts meet engineered drawing specifications.
- Utilize calipers, height gages and other measuring equipment as needed to meet drawing specifications.
- Operate drill presses and hand tools such as grinders, orbital sanders.
- Interpret blueprints and drawings, follow technical guides.
- Ensure shop equipment is maintained and serviceable.
- Classify metals.
- Cut sheet-metal.
- Perform shop mathematics.
- Hand and machine form parts.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position has no supervisory duties. This position has the responsibility and authority to carry out assigned tasks.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Must be capable of performing tasks that frequently require: lifting, reaching, bending, walking, pulling, sitting, and standing, crouching, stooping, and kneeling for prolonged periods of time.
- Use special test equipment and tools.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Interpersonal skills are necessary to work effectively and cooperatively with all levels of management and staff. Will also routinely interact with external contacts such as customers, vendors, suppliers, shipping companies, etc. Must represent Yulista Aviation, Inc. in a professional manner at all times.
- Must be trustworthy – will handle confidential information routinely
- Possess strong oral and technical written communication skills to clearly communicate information.
- Strong decision analysis and problem solving skills; ability to draw conclusions and justify decisions.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical computations
- High degree of self-motivation and the ability to work independently
- Ability to multi-task
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the field required
- High School Diploma or Equivalent with 10 years previous experience; familiarity with military hand tools and assembly standards
- Ability to pass a drug and background screening
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a Government Security Clearance
Yulista offers an excellent compensation and benefits package. We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disabilities, protected military or veteran status. To apply for this position, or view all of our job openings, visit us online at www.yulista.com, click on career opportunities.
Location/Region: Huntsville, AL (US)