This position is in support of the Software Engineering Directorate (SED) in continuation of the Institutional Conduct of Fire Trainer (ICOFT) sustainment and development of the Radar Training Device (RTD). A Java Software Engineer is needed to support the ongoing effort to maintain the software.
The ICOFT provides realistic institutional training in all areas of the THAAD Enhanced Operator/Maintainer operations and maintenance tasks for the THAAD Fire Control and Communication (TFCC), Radar, and Launcher components. The ICOFT replicates the tactical system environment and supports training of the TFCC, Radar, and Launcher tactical software. Within the training environment, the ICOFT inserts faults and captures, records, grades, and plays back student input. There are four labs that comprise an ICOFT: TSOT Lab, TFCC PTT Lab, TLOTS Lab, and Radar Lab.
The RTD provides realistic training in THAAD Enhanced Operator/Maintainer operations, emplacement, and maintenance tasks for the THAAD Radar and includes an Antenna Equipment Unit (AEU), a Cooling Equipment Unit (CEU), and an Electronic Equipment Unit (EEU). The RTD replicates the THAAD Radar to the extent necessary to support the training of the THAAD Interactive Electronic Training Manual (IETM) instructions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Perform software life cycle sustainment to existing software systems in a closed network environment.
· Knowledge of computing systems and software structures
· Apply, design and implement system security and data assurance protocols
· Work with peers to assure that expectations are being met
· Participate in the unit and integration testing process
Education and Experience:
BS degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related Engineering field with 5-10 years Java experience.
· Proficient in Java and Spring framework
· Proficient using Eclipse and NetBeans IDE
· Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
· Experience with software/hardware interfaces
· Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
· Experience with messaging using TCP/IP
· Experience using LINUX operating system
Clearance Requirement: Must possess an active secret clearance
Potential for Teleworking: No
GenConnect Recruiting and Consulting supports small to medium size businesses with recruiting millennial candidates and provides ongoing employee engagement to improve the success rate of the employee staying. We specialize in recruiting the millennial generation (those born between 1980-2000) into industries that struggle to attract and retain graduates and millennials. In addition to recruiting, we provide career development and management services to businesses designed to strengthen the employer/employee bond.
We are a new recruiting firm with a passion for connecting people in the workplace. Unlike other recruiters, we support nurturing young talent. We fundamentally believe that there is significant opportunity to engage employees and employers in a long term relationship, where there is mutual trust and loyalty.