Job Title: SharePoint developer
Location: NASA Marshall, Huntsville, AL.
Seeking an Intermediate Level Software Developer experienced in developing requirements, designing solutions and implementing the system along with a team of software developers for NASA’s Marshall Space Flight Center in Huntsville, Alabama.
Candidate must be a US citizen and able to obtain NASA clearance levels for contract work at Marshall Space Flight Center. Must be self-motivated, have a positive attitude, and possess outstanding communication skills (written and oral) with demonstrable results in developing and supporting solutions using SharePoint 2010 or higher.
The candidate will work under the general supervision of the technical lead and functional architect in a team environment that applies agile methodologies. Tier 3 Operational Support is also needed for issues related to delivered capabilities, and ability to demonstrate solutions during development.
· Support SharePoint day-to-day activities, including systems design, development, end user support, process modeling, enhancements, change management, and educating the enterprise on SharePoint best practices
· Gather requirements and identify proper solutions that meet organizational needs
· Develop and customize team sites, libraries, lists, views, and workflows
· Responsible for SharePoint content and records management
· Provide production support and maintenance including performance tuning, bug fixes, troubleshooting, and root cause analysis. On call support of production systems is required.
· Follow software development methodology and architecture standards
· Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent technical experience.
· Requires 5+ years of experience developing and supporting solutions using SharePoint 2010 or higher.
· Experience working with SharePoint 2010 or higher in the following areas: Master pages, Page Layouts, Content Types, Lists, Libraries, Workflows, Permission Groups Topology, Webparts, Sites and Collections
· Experience developing Powershell scripts for automation and/or integration purposes
· Experience with SharePoint content and records management
· Ability to work quickly with great attention to detail & excellent organizational skills
· Must be able to deliver high-quality work on time to specification while balancing competing priorities
· Must be able to work independently, as well as in a team environment
· Must be willing to be adaptable and flexible in future work assignments, including the development and support of non-SharePoint applications and/or websites
Additional Knowledge in areas is a plus:
- Experience upgrading from SharePoint 2010 to SharePoint 2016
- Experience developing front-end customization using HTML 5 and CSS 3 to include functionality of various SharePoint web parts
· Strong working knowledge of full software lifecycle, from analysis to implementation.
· Experience in working in Agile environment