Software Engineer IV
HX5 is an award-winning provider of technical services to clients such as NASA and the Department of Defense. Founded in 2004, HX5 is a fast-growing small business with over 475 employees located in more than 30 states.
HX5 is currently seeking a Software Engineer IV to support the ERDC Information Technology Laboratory (ITL). ITL provides expertise in the science of information, the practice of information processing and the engineering of information systems to produce enabling technologies for the Corps of Engineers, U.S. Army, Department of Defense (DOD) and their customers. The ITL conducts research and development in Informatics and Computational Science and Engineering with particular emphasis on providing high-performance computing for scientific and engineering discovery; data acquisition, analysis, and management; geospatial analysis and informatics; software engineering and evaluation; automated information systems; building information modeling.
A software engineer is needed to help with the design and development of ERS software products. This requires collaboration with managers and senior software engineers to perform and lead analysis, develop and unit testing of complex software applications, and resolve defects. Furthermore, efforts are needed to work with software development teams to develop project estimates, as well as outline necessary tasks and schedules.
Skills and Educational Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Programming or related field with minimum 8 years’ experience preferred
- Security + CE Certification required or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire to satisfy DoD 8570 requirement
- Ability to conduct analysis development and maintenance of software in a supervised setting.
- Ability to modify and create systems software and ensure systems efficiency and integrity.
- Ability to translate detailed design into executable software.
- Ability to test, debug, and refine the software to produce the required product.
- Ability to prepare required documentation, including block diagrams, logic flow charts and software program documentation.
- Experience in Oracle Database
- Experience in C# and .Net
Must be a US Citizen and successfully complete a U.S. government background investigation.
Must be able to obtain and maintain the required Security Clearance for the position.
HX5 offers a competitive salary and benefits package to include:
- Medical/dental/vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Paid holidays
- Accrued Paid Time Off
HX5 is an Equal Opportunity and Drug Free Workplace Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
ACCESSIBILITY NOTICE: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org