Technical Services Division
Responsible for the development, maintenance and continuous improvement of all quality systems, which include but are notlimited to, ISO 9001 (latest revision).
Act as both quality systems and quality control manager.
Act as the plant quality management representative for quality systems.
Ensure compliance to ISO9000, and coordinate training activities.
Ensure that theplants quality system is properly and accurately documented to meet the requirements of all systems standards.
Manage the Gage Calibration system, when applicable. Supervise Gage Calibration including writing performance appraisals
Ensure that inspection, measuring and test equipment in the facility is controlled per the plants policies/ procedures.
Develop and maintain the documented quality system.
- This includes, but is not limited to writing, reviewing, and updating quality policies, procedures, inspection instructions, and work instructions.
Ensure that nonconforming product is detected and that proper disposition and corrective/preventative actions are taken to prevent recurrence of nonconformities
Develop/ implement and maintain methods of tracking quality performance in terms of scrap/rework and customer PPM. Identify main areas for improvement and drive projects or kaizen events to drive quality measures.
Coordinate internal and 3rd party audits to review system(s)
Maintain records for deviations, Supplier Rejections Notices (both external as well as inter-plant)
Supervise Quality Technicians Qualifications
Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in either Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Business Management, or Quality and a minimum of five (5) experience in manufacturing and production operations.
• Minimum of five (5) years experience related to inspection techniques and procedures.
• Must have working knowledge of ISO or QS9001 quality systems or the latest version.
• Must have the ability to read complex documents so as to be able to comprehend the intent of the document.
• Should have specialized training in geometric dimensioning and tolerancing, ability to read and interpret blueprints, product standards (internal as well as external to Snap-on) and requirements, and statistical techniques.
• Must be able to communicate with peers and subordinates. Must have basic knowledge of production machines, tool & fixture design, and safe operating practices and procedures and basic understanding of mathematical principals.
• Ability to supervise a small staff
• Knowledge of safety of product being produced for the customer.
• Demonstrated experience with FMEA, Six Sigma, SPC and other quality or technical tools
• Quality certification CQA preferred.
• Black Belt and demonstrated experience to solve quality problems
We are an EEOC compliant employer, we follow all Federal Employment Laws
We specialize in providing qualified technical candidates for our customers.