Atlanta Bread, in Huntsville, AL, offers a unique career opportunity. We are a franchise bakery cafe owned and operated by a family team. We need employees and managers who will contribute something new and unique to our operation through their diversity, experience, personality, and talents. We seek employees who will fit into the unique family and friends culture of our bakery cafe. We work fast and hard when at work - our customers expect it. We value family and understand that as dedicated as any employee might be, they still have a family and personal life which must be understood and accommodated in order to have a peak performing employee. We also realize that not all family circumstances can be compatible with a restaurant manager's obligations of long hours and varying shift schedules.
Restaurant Manager in Huntsville's Premier Bakery Cafe.
In this position you will work as part of our management team to run our neighborhood bakery cafe and provide customers with a great meal, served promptly, accurately, and courteously in a clean, comfortable environment. Our focus is on the customer and our employees. You will work directly with the owners to achieve improvement to service and quality.
Work hours can range from opening at 5 a.m. to closing until 10 p.m and may occasionally include an overnight bake in emergencies. Salaried managers average 50-60 hours per week and sometimes more. Hourly Managers work 40 hours or more per week. Managers are expected to be able to work within a team of managers and to be able to manage the cafe without other management support. Benefits include profit based bonus program, medical insurance, paid vacation and sick leave, uniform allowance, free meals. Bonuses can be a significant component of compensation.
Manager duties include:
- Training staff to achieve excellence through compliance to standards and hands on assistance from their manager;
- Keeping staff focused on customers, consistency, and service;
- Demonstrating fast, accurate, customer focused performance;
- Employee development, motivation, and support;
- Training staff for quality, accuracy, speed, & conformance to recipes and standards;
- Achieving labor goals by managing labor and scheduling;
- Achieving food cost goals by managing cost control procedures and waste issues;
- Increasing bakery cafe sales and profits;
- Maintaining day-to-day cost control measures;
- Completing daily reports and maintaining an awareness of Quality, Sales, and Costs;
- Utilizing proper cash handling procedures.
One of life's great rewards is making someone else's day better. Our best moments are often with friends & family sharing a great meal around a table. Help us make those best moments of the day possible for our customers. People crave genuine hospitality and comfort in a welcoming atmosphere. The best meals combine great food, hospitality and atmosphere, with our friends and family. Great food is healthy, tastes great, and prepared by caring people from fresh ingredients.
Location/Region: Huntsville, AL (US)